Land Management - Welcome
Kyle Collins, AICP, Town Planning and Development Administrator
Phone: (631) 287-5700
Fax: (631) 287-0262
Emergency Coastal Erosion Permits related to Hurricane Sandy
The Department of Land Management was created by resolution of the Town Board. The professional, technical and administrative staff and functions of the Department of Land Management is organized by divisions: Building & Zoning, Environment, Current Planning and Long Range Planning, Under the direction of the Town Planning and Development Administrator, the Department of Land Management is responsible for interpretation, coordination and enforcement of the following chapters of the Code of the Town of Southampton, New York:
Mission & Responsibilities:
The Department of Land Management's mission is focused on providing the highest level of service to the citizens of Southampton. The overall mission statement of the Department is as follows:
- Administer, coordinate, develop and enforce all land development and environmental programs, procedures and regulations.
- Process all land development applications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Undertake and implement short and long range plans to guide land development and conservation of the natural environment.
- Promote and support business retention and attraction.
- Provide professional and technical support services to the Planning, Zoning, Conservation, Architectural Review, Landmarks & Historic Districts and Licensing Review Boards and citizen and related advisory committees appointed by the Town Board.
- Manage and participate in the planning of capital improvements, environmental conservation and related projects and programs.
The responsibilities for the Department of Land Management are organized by division and office. They are structured to achieve the mission of the Department of Land Management and to support the mission of its allied office and other Town departments.
- Serve as the Town's liaison to Suffolk County, NYS & Federal gov’t regarding Town Development projects & programs.
- Assist the Town Board with the establishment & implementation of development legislation, priorities, policies, projects & programs.
- Assist the Town Board, Town Mgmt. Services Adm. & Comptroller w/financial & related analysis pertaining to development projects & programs.
- Coordinate the efforts of the Planning, Building & Zoning, and Environment Divisions of the Dept. of Land Mgmt. during the review of priority development projects or programs.
- Identify & secure alternative means of project & program financing.
- Represent the Town on various development oriented committees, task forces & forums.
- Lead the implementation of design & development projects, programs & strategies recommended by the Comp Plan update.
- Coordinate the Division’s mission & work program with other Town Departments.
Building & Zoning
Long Range Planning
Applications & Permits
Building & Zoning Fees
Town Board Zoning Applic. Fees
Reports & Studies
Change of Zone Applications/PDD
SEQRA / EIS Postings