Community Preservation Fund
Mary Wilson, Community Preservation Manager
24 West Montauk Hwy
Hampton Bays, NY 11946
Mission & Responsibilties
- Provide professional oversight and management of the Community Preservation Project Plan and Management and Stewardship Plan
- Re-evaluate existing land conditions within target areas of the Community Preservation Project Plan
- Update the Community Preservation Project Plan as often as permitted by statute.
- Identify key holdings and other areas that are the highest priorities for public land acquisition, consolidation, and Purchase of Development Rights (PDR)
- Work with interested landowners to determine availability of alternatives other than acquisition or purchase of development rights, which will provide adequate protection or meet community preservation objectives, including conservation opportunity plans
- Prepare Baseline-Documents for each parcel acquired under the Community Preservation Project Plan
- Prepare draft open space management plans regarding specific target areas and individual parcels
- Establish active management and stewardship routines including restorations, clean-ups, trail blazing and trail maintenance.
- Coordinate and facilitate educational recreational programs to increase public awareness of the Town's Open Space Program
- Coordinate with other Town, County, State, Federal and private agencies to ensure open space and stewardship goals are achieved
- Establish volunteer corps to help maintain open space areas within the Town