Community Advocacy Program

Applying for Services

Town residents are provided guidance and advocacy in applying for financial assistance available from county, state, and federal programs, such as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), and Social Security Disability. Residents in need of emergency assistance such as food, help with utility cut-offs, those who are at risk of eviction are also served. Residents are interviewed by the community advocate who will identify client needs and help complete the appropriate applications. HEAP applications can be processed by the advocate, eliminating a trip to the county office.

The advocate is available by appointment. Call 631-506-9978.

Additional Resources

Assistance may also be found through the following links: