Town of Southampton
Community Solar Program Application
Community Solar brings the benefits of solar, including guaranteed electricity bill savings to eligible residents, who don’t have their own solar panels.
Through the Community Solar Project currently under development at the North Sea Transfer Station, the Town can pass on monthly electric bill savings to eligible town residents.
Eligible residents can receive a monthly PSEGLI bill credit up to 10% of their monthly electric bill for approximately 20 years.
Eligible applicants who qualify as low-moderate income (annual income that is less than 80% of the AMI as determined by HUD) will be given priority to participate in the program.
Bill credits will begin in 2024. However, enrollment in this program is limited, early registration is strongly recommended.
- Applicants must have a Town of Southampton address.
- Applicants must have a residential PSEGLI account
- Only one application may be submitted per PSEGLI residential account
- Applicants with a solar system are NOT eligible to participate in the program
How to sign-up
- Apply online
- The town will verify your eligibility