- Boards & Committees
- Appointed Boards
- Southampton Youth Board
Southampton Youth Board
- 6:30 p.m.
- First Wednesday of each month, except July and August
- Town Hall,
Lower-Level Meeting Room
116 Hampton Road
Southampton, NY 11968
- Debbie Skinner - Term expires August 2022
- Victoria Urbelis - Term expires August 2022
- Keith Indovino - Term expires 2022
- Tori Laureano - Term expires 2022
- Sofia Solano - Term expires August 2022
- Jaimie Bowden - Community Organization Specialist
- Staff Member, Parks & Recreation Dept.
- P.O. Eric Plum, Southampton Police Dept.
- Director, Southampton Youth Bureau
About the Youth Board
The purpose of the Youth Board is to advise the Town Board of measures that will assist in coordinating the work of public and private agencies, religious and social institutions for the promotion of the moral, physical, mental and social well-being of the youth of the Town, and for the prevention of delinquency and youth crime by supporting services that strengthen family life and enable all youth to attain their fullest potential.
In its capacity as advisors to the Town Board, the Youth Board should carry out the following program functions:
- Delinquency Prevention
- Promoting Interagency Collaboration
- Identifying alternative funding sources
- Program Planning
- Needs Assessment
- Community Education
- Annual Report to the Town Board
Expected contributions of Youth Board members are:
- Attendance at all Youth Board meetings, held 8 times a year
- Review of informational materials supplied relating to Youth Board business
- Attend 2 Youth Bureau activities per year
- Participate in reporting on Youth Board/Youth Bureau priority issues to the Town Board or liaison
- Act as an advocate on youth and family issues with all elected officials and local institutions that serve youth
Removal of Youth Board members occurs at the request of a member to resign, or when a member has missed 3 or more consecutive meetings without advising the Youth Bureau Director of the intended absence.