You will need a valid vehicle registration with a Southampton Town address to purchase your resident permit. If your vehicle registration has only a post office box, or a physical address located outside the town, you will need to provide the following:
- Residents/Homeowners - Southampton Town Tax Bill - name must match that on your car registration. No P.O. Boxes accepted.
- Year-Round-Renters - Three utility bills (Cable or Electric Only): one current, one dating back six months, and one dating back 12 months to prove residency. Renters name on utility bills must be the same as car registration.
- Senior Citizens – In addition to proof of residency, must provide proof of age.
- Veterans - Need to show copy of DD214 or Vet status for proof of eligibility plus residency requirements.
Residents with Driving Disabilities Must Provide:
Current disability documentation. Contact Parks & Recreation Office at 631-728-8585 for an appointment.
Checks, credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, and Discover) or cash will be accepted at walk-in locations. Note: A $25 service fee will be charged for all checks returned by the bank.
- Parks and Recreation Office, 6 Newtown Road, Hampton Bays
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.