It is again time for the Great East End Clean-Up, a volunteer-based program to remove litter and debris from Southampton Town's roadsides, parks, trails, and beaches. Last year over 800 volunteers removed tons of garbage, metal, and tires that were sorted for recycling, from beaches, parks, trails, and roadsides.
The 2023 Great East End Clean-Up will take place on
Saturday, April 22 & Sunday, April 23
If you would like to participate - and we hope you do - all you need to do is select an area of public property such as a park, beach, trail, or roadside that is in need of cleaning. Then, complete the registration form online, or return it by mail to the Great East End Clean-Up coordinator by Wednesday, April 19. I emphasize that the site you select must be publicly maintained.
The Town provides garbage bags and disposal passes for the Town recycling centers. Registrants may get these materials on:
- Monday, March 20th-Friday, April 21st between 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Southampton Town Hall, Citizens' Response Center -
116 Hampton Road, Southampton
- North Sea Transfer Station office - 1370 Majors Path, North Sea
- Public Safety & Emergency Management office -
27 Ponquogue Ave, Hampton Bays
* Please note that disposal passes will be needed to get into the transfer stations, free of charge, during the weekend of the Great East End Clean-Up, so please make arrangements to pick up the necessary materials. If you are unable to get the necessary materials during the above scheduled days or times, please call Rick Hodgson to discuss alternate arrangements.