How do I get an energy assessment?
Here are your next steps:
  1. Go to the website and fill out the request for more information. Or you can call 631-702-1751. We’ll get the application out to you right away.
  2. Fill out the application, check the box that states < 200% of AMI (area median income) if your household income (all members over 18 who are working) is under $215,000/yr.
  3. Gather energy usage for one year (12 months), typically LIPA/PSEG and oil usage. If you contact your utility providers, they can easily provide you the requested information. (This is so that a realistic estimate of energy savings can be made.)
  4. Mail the application to the Albany address at the bottom of the application. Once your application is received, it typically takes 1-2 weeks for NYSERDA to generate a reservation number. This reservation number is what makes the program free to you and also pays the contractor performing the audit. While you’re waiting for your application to be processed, you can begin interviewing contractors from the list that we will provide. You may ask for references if you like.
  5. When you receive your reservation number (in your email – if you provide it) you can then call your selected contractor with that reservation number to schedule your energy assessment.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Southampton Green Homes Program?
2. What will the Green Homes Program cost me?
3. Why should I make improvements to my home?
4. What is Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification?
5. How can I pay for the work to make my home more energy efficient?
6. How do I get an energy assessment?