How do I contact the Suffolk County Consumer Affairs?

Suffolk County Consumer Affairs
Contact Us: 

Since 1974, Suffolk County Consumer Affairs has been dedicated to resolving complaints, enforcing Suffolk County Code, and obtaining restitution for Suffolk consumers. The Office of weights and measures division is felt throughout the County, from testing of scales in supermarkets, gasoline pumps, and home heating oil meters.

The Department is divided into four Bureaus:
Consumer Complaints,
Weights and Measures
Licensing and Enforcement.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

For Consumer Complaint History Assistance, call (631) 853-4600. 

For License Certification Information, call (631) 853-4599 

E-mail us a request or question at :

Show All Answers

1. Where can I get a village beach pass?
2. Who should I call before I dig?
3. What are the NY State Regulations for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
4. What are the hours that construction and landscapers can work?
5. How do I rename a road?
6. How do I get a copy of my deed?
7. What are the directions to Southampton Town Hall (Eastbound)
8. Who do we call if their is too much garbage at the beach?
9. Where do I get my Green Key pass from?
10. How do I get my business started?
11. How do I apply for a Home Improvement Licensing?
12. Who do I report a street Lighting Outage?
13. Do I need a Building Permit to replace a Roof?
14. Can you park an RV in your driveway?
15. How do I find my cesspool on my property?
16. Do I need to register my alarm system?
17. Where is the Suffolk County Clerk's Office Located?
18. How do I contact the Suffolk County Consumer Affairs?
19. How do I contact the Suffolk County Water Authority?
20. Do Electricians and Plumbers need Suffolk County Licenses to get a Southampton License?
21. How do I obtain a Birth Certificate if I was born in Southampton Hospital?
22. Where can I find out more information about well water testing?
23. Where can I report injured wildlife animals?
24. How do I report a dead animal on my property?