Licenses & Permits

Bingo & Games of Chance License

Organizations must submit proof of registration (in the form of State ID #) with the New York Racing and Wagering Board. The premises where games will be conducted must also be licensed. The town bingo inspector examines the events weekly.

Disabled Parking Permits

To obtain a Disabled Parking Permit, the individual must live in the township and provide a written note/application from their doctor on letterhead indicating whether Permanent or Temporary, along with their driver’s license. Southampton Village and Sag Harbor Village residents must obtain disabled permits from those Village Clerks.

Dog Licenses

All dogs over four months of age must be licensed. Dogs should be vaccinated against rabies before applying for license. Renewal forms will be mailed to registered dog owners. 

Long-Term Parking Permits

The Town Clerk’s Office provides long-term parking permits, valid per calendar year, for the following 2-locations:

Driver's license, vehicle registration and proof of residency are required.

The current permit fees are:

  • Bridgehampton Parking District (BPD) Resident Permit $95.00
  • Southampton Town Resident (outside of BPD) Permit $145.00
  • Non- Resident Permit $325.00

View the Long-Term Parking Permit Application (PDF).


Both applicants must appear in person. Applicants must bring two forms of identification:

NYS DEC Sporting Licenses: Hunting and Fishing

Study of Shinnecock’s Fluke (PDF)

Hunt Fish NY Mobile AppHuntingFishing Icon

In compliance with Environmental Conservation Law §11-0713,  the Town Clerk is an official NYS DEC License Issuing Agent for the following licenses: 

Annual Hunting License (valid September 1 – August 31)

Deer Management Permits (available August 1 - October 1)

Long Island Public Hunting Areas  

Freshwater Fishing Licenses (valid one full-year from date of purchase)

Recreational Marine Fishing Registry (valid one full-year from date of purchase)

Options for obtaining a Sporting License:

In person at a License Issuing Agent Location.  Search for a nearby vendor location at:

By Phone: 1-866-933-2257 

Shellfish (Resident & Temporary) Permits

As of March 1, 2011, the issuance / sale of non-commercial shell fishing permits is being administered by the Office of the Trustees, 631-287-5717.

Taxicabs and Vehicles for Hire & Peddlers License

Access Taxicabs and Vehicles for Hire & peddler license forms and applications.